- 80/35: For as young as this music festival is, it sure has become a staple in the music festival scene. 35,000 festival goers come to Des Moines each summer to attend the 80/35 3-day lineup. The festival strikes a perfect balance of well-known acts while still including up-and-coming/local acts, making it the perfect way to find your next music obsession and also enjoy summertime in Des Moines!
- Adventureland: Looking for something fun for the whole family? Plan a weekend getaway to Adventure land Amusement Park! With over 100 rides, shows, and attractions including some of the country's most exciting roller coasters and thrill rides, you may forget that this attraction is located right in your backyard.
- Zoo Brew: Enjoy learning about the exotic animals of Black Park Zoo while sipping on your favorite beer or margarita. A truly unique event, this is the perfect evening activity that you should definitely add to your summer bucket list!
- The Iowa State Fair: This list wouldn’t be complete
without mentioning the country’s most famous fair; The Iowa State Fair. Not
only is this one of the top events in Iowa, but also in the entire
country. You’ll find entertainment for
the whole family; from face painting and rides to beer and food, don’t let this
summer pass without spending a day or two at the Iowa State Fair!
- Iowa Great Lakes: You don’t have to head to the coast to enjoy sand and sun! Make a point to head to the Iowa Great Lakes this summer to enjoy some fun on the water! From boating and waterskiing, to food and drink, this is a great weekend getaway.
- National Balloon Classic: This has been a Central Iowa tradition for over 40 years! Watch as the Iowa skies are filled and animated with the enchanting splendor of hot air balloons! Your family is sure to love witnessing this unique event! Feeling brave? Take flight in a balloon ride! Or for the more faint of heart, witness mass balloon ascensions, Nite Glows, and even enjoy some live bands/entertainment. This is one summer outing you’ll be glad you partook in!
- RAGBRAI: The Register’s Annual Great Bicycle Race Across Iowa was started in 1973, and it’s something you don’t want to miss. RAGBRAI is the largest bike-touring event in the world. Whether you’re a serious cyclist or a laid back rider, RAGBRAI has a spot for you. The ride entire route takes seven days, but riders can come and go as they please. So strap on your helmet and get ready to ride at this year’s RAGBRAI event.
Friday, April 17, 2015
Top Things To Do In Iowa This Summer
Summer is on its way. Do you have plans yet? While many people might jet set to other parts of the country for their vacation of choice, you don’t have to travel far to have a summertime adventure. There are some great events and attractions going on right here in Iowa! So without further ado, here are some of the top things to do in Iowa this summer.